Conditions of Use
Modern Slavery Act
Identifying and Managing Risk of Modern Slavery
Our Policies on slavery and human trafficking
We do not tolerate any form of modern slavery or human trafficking in any part of our business. Our commitment to this coincides with all relevant UK employment laws and have internal policies in place to prevent slavery and human trafficking included in the employee handbook, which is circulated to all employees and covers recruitment, health & safety, harassment, anti-bribery, equal opportunities and diversity.
Our policies are developed within relevant departments following a process of stakeholder consultation, cross-departmental information sharing and senior management review and approval. Our policies provide a clear framework, which is communicated via the intranet, newsletters, eLearning, onsite training and emails.
We want to ensure that ESG risks and opportunities are managed and that our policies are implemented across our and locations and with our suppliers. Our parent company Captivate Group Limited provides ongoing support to encourage and facilitate
implementation of the policiea. In addition, our internal sustainability advisors are working with us to review implementation of our standards and to identify and address areas for improvement.
Due Diligence Processes for slavery and human trafficking in Our Business and Our Supply Chain
As part of our initiative to identify and mitigate risk we periodically review the effectiveness of our processes and systems and any changes will be reflected in future annual statements.
We conducted an internal risk assessment and given the nature of our business in this country and that most of our people are direct employees, we ascertained that the risk of trafficking or slavery amongst this category is very low.
Our main categories of spend include IT, travel, telecommunications, professional services and facilities and those used in client work, such as advertising production, market research and other marketing services.
Seen Connects manages the appointment of “approved suppliers”, where contracts are entered into. An “approved supplier” is defined as one that has been appointed following evaluation against assessment criteria, including risk, operational, commercial and sustainability considerations. We use “approved suppliers” for commonly purchased goods and services, whenever possible. In addition, we maintain a list of locally approved suppliers based upon the formal selection process outlined in our procurement policy. It is our responsibility to select, monitor and manage any suppliers that they use if they are not listed on our “approved supplier” list.
We are currently reviewing the existing procurement procedures to assess whether more extensive modern slavery considerations should be integrated into our due diligence process for working with suppliers.
Seen Connects has a programme which embeds our sustainability standards into our supply chain. The programme involves a variety of activities including assessment, onsite visits and awareness training that will allow us to identify any gaps relating to sustainability issues, including risks around modern slavery.
We issue guidance to our operating companies reiterating that we do not tolerate people trafficking or forced labour, and providing examples of risk areas. It is the responsibility of our operating companies to ensure that this is communicated to all employees within their operations.
Seen Connects is committed to maintaining high ethical standards, protecting human rights and acting with honesty and integrity in everything we do. We endeavour to understand where there are risks of modern slavery within any part of our business and supply chain so that we can address them appropriately and sustainably. We will continue to strive to maintain awareness and ensure a high level of understanding by our employees and suppliers of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our business
By accessing this website you agree to be bound by these Terms & conditions (“terms”), please read them carefully. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms you should not access or view this website.
- The information contained in this website is intended for general information purposes only. Seen Connects (‘Connects’) has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on this website is accurate at the time of inclusion, however there may be inaccuracies and occasional errors for which Connects apologises.
- Connects makes no representations or warranties about the information provided through this website, including any hypertext links to any website or other items used either directly or indirectly from this website. Seen Connects accepts no liability for any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and any decisions based on information contained in Seen Connects websites are the sole responsibility of the visitor.
- The information and images contained within this website are © Copyright Seen Connects LTD. We permit you to make copies of this website as necessary incidental acts during your viewing of it; and you may take a print for your personal use of so much of the site as is reasonable for private purposes. You may not frame this site nor link to a page other than the home page without our express permission in writing.
- You shall not use this website for any illegal purposes and in particular agree that you shall not send, use, copy, post or allow any posting which is defamatory or obscene within the meaning of the Obscene Publications Act or which is abusive, indecent or in breach of the privacy of any person. You agree not to send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material, spam or similar materials or any volume messages that may interfere with the operation of this website or with the enjoyment of this website by other visitors.
- Seen Connects reserves the right at any time and without notice to enhance, modify, alter, suspend or permanently discontinue all or any part of this website and to restrict or prohibit access to it.
- You hereby agree to indemnify Seen Connects against any costs, claims, losses and damages (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded against WPP as a result of your misuse of this website or your breach of these terms.
- This website is provided to you free of charge, and neither Connects nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies accept any liability to you (except in the case of personal injury or death caused by its negligence or for fraud or as required by law) whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, arising out of it in connection with this website. Connects accepts no liability for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages of whatsoever kind resulting from whatever cause through the use of any information obtained either directly or indirectly from this website. Your sole remedy is to discontinue using this website.
- These terms may be amended by Connects from time to time.
- Your use of this website and downloads from it, and the operation of these terms & conditions, shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of your use of this website.
In the event that any or any part of the terms contained in these terms & conditions shall be determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term shall to that extent be severed from the remaining terms which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.